What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Recommendations for a new case

Well apart from my sound card all the parts are in for my new system and I am looking for a new case for it I don't really want to spend more $200. All I am looking for in it are: that it would be preferably around the same dimensions as the Antec 900; and have a top mounted PSU; and a cooling system adequate enough to cool 2X ATI 4890's; and a clear side window would be nice but not necessary. There are so many choices out there I get overwhelmed when looking for one so I figure some one should be able to recommend me a case.

mo' power

There are a lot of cases out there in that range. Coolermaster and Antec have some nice cases. You could start there.

martin_metal_88

Coolermaster 690 would be a good choice, much of cooling cool and great priced
HAF 922 is also a must looking at!
NZXT tempest is one of the best contender direct to nine hundred.

There are some case you should love.

Ask for more.

bojangles

Martin, he's looking for a top mounted PSU case, not bottom. Sorry, GPW, but I just can't recommend any top mounted PSU cases other than the 900 you mentioned, partly because I don't know many top mounted cases anymore.

shayan288

the haf 932 is a top psu mounted case and a bottom, and thats on sale right now at NCIX for 135 including a 15 dollar rebate. Or you could pay 60 bucks and get a nzxt beta:p Thats top mounted and liek the best bang for your buck.

Neolithium_Wpg

I think the beta is one of the few options. Since he wants something 900-ish sized, that doesn't include the HAF. It could eat the 900 and still have room for an i7 build inside ;)

Yes I will agree with what your all saying a top mounted PSU is a rare bird these days....however I have always preferred it because it just makes more sense to me since hot air rises it makes more sense to me for them to be top mounted. I don't know what you all think that is just my opinion.....I was never that good in science so I could be ass backward with thinking that:haha:

The cases I was looking at were/are the Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS (Newegg.ca - Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases) or the Raidmax Iceberg (NCIX.com - Buy Raidmax Iceberg Black Aluminum ATX Case 4X5.25" 2X3.5" 4X3.5"INT 120MM Blue LED Fan Front USB No PSU - ICEBERG-Black In Canada.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter