What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Recommended CPU/RAM for new build

bjcsoln

Working on my next build, primarily for 4K gaming and don't mind spending a little extra (no kids!!!) - so far have puchased an ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero and 2080TI. System will be w/c'd with 5x120mm.

For CPU 3900x is probably just fine (over a 3950?), and was really looking for RAM suggestions? Make/model types? Will probably stick with 32MB like my current kit, just wondering if there was a particular flavour that was hot right now?

Thanks!

bjcsoln

Bond, does it matter if it is 2x16, or 4 x 8? Is the 2x16 suggestion to allow for addition RAM in the future (i.e. leaving two extra slots), or is it related to performance?

Bond007

Bond, does it matter if it is 2x16, or 4 x 8? Is the 2x16 suggestion to allow for addition RAM in the future (i.e. leaving two extra slots), or is it related to performance?

just for future expansion.

3200mhz is only minimally slower, so consider that when you are looking at pricing.

bjcsoln

Thanks Bond, I will keep that in mind. Getting close to buying the rest of the hardware, but still struggling wiht the modding of my Core P3. I really need better skills, or a metal shop, but I think I have got it so I can fit in a 3x120 and a 2 x 120 in it...

Latest posts

Twitter