What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

recommended video card

mo' power

Greetings all, I was wondering what would be a decent video card for my girlfriend's pc. She plays RPG's like fable the lost chapters, oblivion, etc. The card doesn't have to play maxed out settings, but it would be nice if it will play old and current RPG's. Thanks.

kendallcschm

Greetings all, I was wondering what would be a decent video card for my girlfriend's pc. She plays RPG's like fable the lost chapters, oblivion, etc. The card doesn't have to play maxed out settings, but it would be nice if it will play old and current RPG's. Thanks.
Nvidia GeForce 250GTS or 260GTX :p i love my 250GTS.. i play grid maxed out without a problem..

mo' power

Sorry, I should have given specifics. She'll probably be playing 1024X768 or 1280X1024.
Specs are:
E6400
4GB 6400
Win7 X64

Budget for the card around $100. I should also post in the B/S/T. Maybe someone there has something.

mo' power

I could probably also go with a lower end card as this will most likely be a temporary card. I was thinking maybe an 8xxx or 9xxx series card. I can pull it and use it in a HTPC I plan on building in the new year.

SugarJ

Staff member
Absolutely. A 8800GT/GTS, or 9800 GT/GTX would do just fine here. But if you're looking to put it into a HTPC, I'd go with an ATI card. Sound over HDMI, which Nvidia has had problems implementing. You should be able to fit a 4670 in your budget easily, with some cash left over.

mo' power

I'll be going with an nvidia card. I already have a 20' premium toslink cable to run from my auzentech soundcard to my receiver.

Latest posts

Twitter