What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming to PC....

Lysrin

I just played an hour and half. No issues on my system so far. Updated to latest NVIDIA driver. Getting an average of 62 FPS (max 95 but I have it capped at that) at 3440x1440 according to the in-game benchmark test on the graphics settings the game picked. I can't imagine I was at max very much but plays well so far I'm pleased with it :)

According to MSI Afterburner I was using just over 12.5 GB of RAM pretty steady.

Lysrin

I was impressed with how much they made me care about the gang right from the beginning. Wasn't expecting that. Good story-telling so far.

Even after the hour and half or so though, I think I am still in a tutorial to some degree. Rolling out game features and things you can do through smaller missions.

If I had a complaint so far it would be keybindings for some of the stuff. And, unless I'm just blind, I can't seem to find a way to rebind the keys? I'll likely end up doing a mouse mapping for some of the more commonly used stuff. The default mapping had me moving away from WASD for certain things a bit too much.

Lysrin

I know it is becoming more common in AAA modern games, but the amount and quality of voice acting in this one is really impressive.

I was doing the part last night where I went hunting for the first time. An NPC from the gang came too. The main character and that NPC chatted the entire ride to the hunting location and the entire ride back! Details about members of the gang, how long they'd been involved, backstory, etc. It was pretty neat I must say.

I finished Chapter 1 last night, and it now feels like I am out of tutorial mode into more open play.

Lysrin

If I had a complaint so far it would be keybindings for some of the stuff. And, unless I'm just blind, I can't seem to find a way to rebind the keys? I'll likely end up doing a mouse mapping for some of the more commonly used stuff. The default mapping had me moving away from WASD for certain things a bit too much.

I dunno if it was added in a patch or if I was just completely blind before but key mapping is easy to find. Under controls, keyboard/mouse, then the very first item in the list. How I missed that before I don't know... :rolleyes:

Manual save is a little buried. You have to hit escape, then Story, then save.

mGz

Apparently this game is the new Crysis for benchmarking. What kind of frames would I expect to see @ 3440x1440 on ultra with a 1080ti?

Lysrin

I dunno exactly what I'm getting. Not playing on Ultra though. I think high. However with my setup it's been very playable, no complaints, even when fighting or fast riding scenes. There are slight stutters very occasionally, but nothing game impacting. It is a fantastic looking game.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Apparently this game is the new Crysis for benchmarking. What kind of frames would I expect to see @ 3440x1440 on ultra with a 1080ti?

I'm running the 'auto' settings of whatever it picks for my 1080ti.

What REALLY bothers me is that GEforce experience wants to basically set it to LOW @1440. Is this their way of trying to force obsolescence on the 10xx series of cards? The game plays perfectly fine at high+ settings! Not a fan, at all.

I've stopped using experience, because its trying to force settings on me that are extremely low quality, when I can run all my games at high/ultra, and still get 100fps!!!!

Latest posts