What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming to PC....

RyanWalker77

I've never had more fun in any other game. Arthur Morgan is possibly the greatest video game character of all time. Two years and it still sticks with you. Epic piece of art.

On2wheels

I don't have access to story mode but 400hours into Online mode so far, keeps drawing us back in somehow
unknown.png

crazyea

RD2 is still stilling in my PS back catalog along with God of War and many others. I have a few hundred games on steam that I have never played.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Its very good. I only stopped playing cause I lost my SP save.

I should really restart it.

On2wheels

May I suggest playing the full story mode first in single player, then move onto Red Dead Online. I went into Online standalone first because it was dirt cheap at launch, only buying story mode a few months ago. Since I had so much invested in my online character I didn't really care as much for the people in story mode, weird I know. Everyone will tell you the story will hit you right in the feels, I guess it missed mine by an inch or so.
I still go into online every now and then just to chill out with my camp businesses, sell some moonshine or round up some bounties.
Note that there are usually modders in every public session which does affect your experience. i've recently learned about a launch option that puts you into a solo session every time, it forces the game to behave how they intended which is really nice, and apparently your friends can join if they use the same launch parameter.

Lysrin

How is this game these days? Worth $27 for single player?
Agree with the others. It is a very good game, especially if you enjoy the western setting. It has great acting and characters, good story, decent game mechanics and lots to do.

Agree with @On2wheels about single player full story first, and that online is entertaining too, but it is a cutdown version of how the single player environment feels. And there are a couple of things not included in the online that I'd still like them to add.

@On2wheels I didn't know about that option for running online. Cool! Thanks. I'll have to check into that. Although coming across unknown players can be fun (and stressful), my daughter and I still sometimes play together and don't want to deal with that, especially if they are modding or cheating, so that would be great.

FreeKnight

I think I'm skipping RDR2, just tired of having to play the bad guy or an 'anti-hero' in so many AAA games. I know it's got a morality system of some kind, but my understanding is you still play all the main story missions as an outlaw, robbing and murdering. I get it's a game and I don't have moral outrage about it, I think I've just got 'main character asshole' fatigue.

Latest posts