What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Red HyperX Fury with White HyperX Fury

im_shadows

I already have a white HyperX Fury 8GB 2666Mhz (HX426C16FW2/8) memory stick, and now I'm interested in buying another one, the red HyperX Fury 8GB 2666Mhz (HX426C16FR2/8). Both share the same specifications on HyperX's website, except the heatsink color. I'm almost sure, but would like to know your opinion: Will the red stick work with the white stick I already have, operating in dual channel?

*I'm buying now buying the red, instead of the white, because there it's on sale on Brazil.

Lysrin

Yes, you will be fine running those two together. They are identical in specs and the only difference is the W vs R in the part number indicating white vs red for the heatsink colour.

AkG

Should, probably, not be a problem mixing and matching. IIRC, and I may be wrong, but it is the same PCB and RAM ICs... just different heatsink color used on the 2666 Fury 8Gb'ers.

SCANNERMAN

If the bus speed on the RAM is identical and the CL (latency) rating is precisely the same you shouldn't have a problem using them together if the RAM is already suited to your main board. Ideally, you should used matched RAM but this is only an optimum ideal. On a side note red and white would make for a nice Canuck theme! :)

Latest posts