What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Mod Redemption

hero1

Hello friends,

I trust that you all have been having a great year so far. I am doing alright I guess, dealing with a bad back, and recovering from a knee surgery. I have been away from the project since I have been sick after getting rear ended at the end of October 2014. However, that hasn't stopped me from stocking my watercooling gear. I am making the switch to hard tube and here is my latest purchase, made almost 3 weeks ago from Daz. And yes, I was the first to grab the stop fittings when he brought them in and I will be adding 12 more next week. I love how they look. Enjoy the photos.

20 x EK-HDC fittings 3/8 ID x 1/2 OD - Nickel and 13 x EK-AF Angled 90 degrees

Darkside Maple Leaf Stop Plug Fittings... Oh Canada..Love them

Monsoon Hardline Pro Mandrel Kit

hero1

Hello fellas,

How is it going? I hope that all is well. I am doing alright. I haven't worked on the case for a long time but I hope to resume as soon as start feeling much better.

Anyways, I thought I should update you with what I have been up to lately. I decided to replace the Maximus VI Formula board with the Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK. This board is beast and I love the idea of being able to go quad GPU. However, what I like the most about this purchase is that I can upgrade to the next Intel architecture by trading it in with Gigabyte and paying the price difference.

I also decided to go ahead and purchase a second AMD R9 290X, made by Gigabyte, same model as the other one that I already have. The card was on sale for $330 CAD so I couldn't pass that up.

I also grabbed a couple of PSU PCIE plugs that will help eliminate the use of 2 of the 6+2 PCIE plugs. More to come!

Gigabyte Intel Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK, 2 x Gigabyte AMD R9 290XOC4GB

RAM Cooling Kit

PSU connectors and water protector!

hero1

cool photo's hero

nice lookin mobo :biggrin:

Thanks FF. I've been using a Panasonic Lumix GX-7. I love it. Time to stop procrastinating and get a tripod.

I really dig the board. I am somehow itching to get my hands on 2 more 290Xs from Gigabyte but that will require another rad to be added into the build..time will tell.

hero1

Hello fellas. Long time no see. I've been away from mod work and such due to health issues and I hope to resume soon. I can't wait to complete this thing and start something different.. I leave you with a photo of my current setup inside a Corsair 800D

hero1

Hello fellas. Long time no see. I've been away from mod work and such due to health issues and I hope to resume soon. I currently have an X99 board with Broadwell-E CPU. I am wondering if anyone hasa 5930K or similar processor that I can borrow and use it to flash the board to accept the Broadwell-E CPU.

Latest posts