What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Relatively quiet 40/50mm fan for cooling SSD?

sswilson

Staff member
NVMe drive as in PCI-E slot, SSD enclosed or just ram card M2 ?

Ram Card M.2.

I'm also considering throwing an Enzotech heatsink onto it instead, but that would increase the profile to a point where the X1 slot wouldn't be available for use.

We'll see.... I'm having second thoughts on whether or not it's necessary.....

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
It's been quite a while since we had this kind of need for directed airflow, maybe it's time for somebody to start marketing a refreshed version of the old antec spot cools. It would have to be updated though, I had one of the original round cased ones and it was loud as hell at high RPMs.

35-209-044-06.jpg

Or maybe just some kind of bare gooseneck stand-off with a mount for user selected fans.

Last edited:

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
It's been quite a while since we had this kind of need for directed airflow, maybe it's time for somebody to start marketing a refreshed version of the old antec spot cools. It would have to be updated though, I had one of the original round cased ones and it was loud as hell at high RPMs.

View attachment 26013

Or maybe just some kind of bare gooseneck stand-off with a mount for user selected fans.

Wouldn't a bit of coat hanger wire, some hardware and some sleeving work fine for a small fan? It's easy enough to form mounting rings with needle nose pliers and it should be stiff enough to hold the fan. I would try to incorporate the wiring and mount in the same sleeving, unlike the one you posted.

sswilson

Staff member
I ended up ordering the Fractal 50mm from newegg along with a m.2 heatsink and m3 standoff kit from amazon.ca to allow for a non-red green install.... :)

I ran some quick tests last night and found that my nvme is hitting 65c during the standard CDM benchmark. I'm not sure what the throttling profile is for the drive, but I'd rather err of the safe side.

Latest posts

Twitter