What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Remember Me

thorn

Anyone else get this?

So far the story seems interesting, the memory altering is neat though I have only had the opportunity to do it once. It definitely seems to be made for a controller.

muse108dc

I've been taking a wait and see approach with this game, partly because it looks interesting but also because I dont have the extra income for it currently. Its one that appeals to me as being quite different and I will be picking it up when the time is right.

The reviews for it have not been great but grain of salt and all that. I'll be looking forward to the feedback in this thread.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I put it on my wishlist, will be waiting for a sale as Metacritic is only 69/100.

bliz

Bought it,i don't wanna spoil myself too much on the story,because it's supposed to be the good thing about this game,they say gameplay is linear.But i get it for the awesome story :D

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
What I've heard about the story intrigues me, which is why I've added to my list. But I'm not prepared to pay full price for it right now.

bliz

omg there is something wrong with the vertical sync in this game,does not work when you activate in the game,i still get 150 fps,and also does not work when forcing it through nvidia control panel :p

bliz

Ok guys,played it for a few hours and i can say it is an extremely good game,just for the gameplay,the fighting system is extremely enjoyable,and the story is awesome too,also graphics,this will be one of my fav games of 2013 for sure.

Also,the french movie style music gives it a really special atmosphere.

Last edited:

thorn

I am about halfway through the game, the story is pretty good. In terms of gameplay, thus far at least, there isn't enough use of the memory altering feature; I have only had the chance to do it twice.

In general the game feels a bit like a jack-of-all-trades master of none. You get a bit of parkour but you only have one path and it is fairly simple. I can understand it not being like Mirror's Edge but a bit more freedom in how you get between point A and B would have been nice. There are some small puzzles, but again very simple. The combat is pretty good, it's fairly simple but at the same time if you want to do the longer chains it can provide a nice little challenge. Would be nice if they had put a bit more emphasis on the memory altering portion than the fighting though.

We'll see what it is like once I get to the end of the game.

thorn

Well I finished the game, logged about 10hrs or so. That's a bit of a disappointment as I would have liked it to at least reach 20hrs.

The story is decent but certainly had the potential to be much better but with it only being about 10hrs that is to be expected. The pace at the start of the game, storywise, felt about right but towards the ends it almost feels like you are rushing through it.

I still maintain that it is a jack-of-all-trades master of none, but it does make the game feel varied; I never felt things were too repetitive. Towards the end they add some more "challenging" puzzles that do require a bit of thinking, though it feels like they went out of their way to make them simple. Once again though, it would have been nice if you were able to make use of the memory remix feature more.

If they had made the game less linear (it is a VERY linear game), fleshed out the story a bit more and made more/better use of the memory remixes this could have been a great game. Maybe made it a bit like assassin's creed but instead of assassinating (directly at least) people you steal/alter their memories.

All-in-all it is a decent game that I would suggest to others, I would also suggest maybe they wait until it goes on sale. I would also recommend using a controller it is clearly designed around it.

Latest posts