What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Remote desktop Safety

danmitch1

Just thought Id revisit this, Ive been using google remote desktop since I last posted on this thread. Its working well but I cant help but think google is using my machine when its idle, am I crazy?
Also just wanted to hear your guys opinion on teamviewer, how trustworthy and secure is that software? Im going to use that old machine I posted in the price check thread as a network storage machine without a monitor or keyboard or mouse(headless?).. its only got windows home so remote desktop is out, ive set up teamviewer on it on startup and allowed easy access to my account... just thinking that maybe that isnt the safest bet?

danmitch1

I believe Chrome does routinely run a malware remover (https://support.google.com/chrome/a...48-266517712&p=chrome_cleanup_tool&hl=en&rd=2) so that could be what you're seeing? It can be pretty slow and eat up a bunch of CPU and IO performance on older systems.
Ah maybe.. Its just that when Idle, Im hearing my cooling fans ramp up off and on when nothing is running.. The only thing I can think of that is sorta running is google remote dt.. Then again, before using google remote, I never left my pc on when not in use so maybe its normal.. paranoid mannn o_O