What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Renoir APU Benchmarks Surface

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

up to 90% better CPU performance on the 4700G vs the 3400G, but that's no surprise given it has twice the threads. however, what's disappointing is that in this particular benchmark, despite the higher GPU clock speed the 4700G has, the 3400G just squeaked by. the difference is within the margin of error, though. I hope they're not pulling an Intel, that's had the same GPU for the last...what, 5 generations, since the HD530 was renamed the HD630 which was renamed the UHD630 and that's been the GPU on the last 3 gens. :p

djbrad

Well, that 4400g seems very good. AMD may only put a new IGP in the AM5 apu. For basic and htpc purpose, it's fine.

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm... well if I'm reading that right (basic firestrike), my numbers with a 4'th gen i3 + GT 1030 are 31-3200 so this would be able to replace my gym visualizer PC.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
well, it is impressive that a clock speed boost compensated for the lower CPU count the 4700G has vs the 3400G. also, from reading time line stuff from AMD, it looks like even the Ryzen 5000 will have VEGA...nothing new for Ryzen APU's until 2022. :p

however, depending on whether an RX 5300 XT actually comes to the channel, I may just go with Zen3 and a dedicated low profile GPU.

Izerous

Folding Team
... replace my gym visualizer PC.

All that comes to mind with that statement is

The GPU numbers are pretty disappointing, I thought these were supposed to have the next gen GPU stuff shoved in them but to have near identical numbers that doesn't seem to be the case.

sswilson

Staff member
All that comes to mind with that statement is

The GPU numbers are pretty disappointing, I thought these were supposed to have the next gen GPU stuff shoved in them but to have near identical numbers that doesn't seem to be the case.

And that's exactly what it's main function is.... I run spotify on it (controlled by spotify connect on an android phone) for my tunes and run Plane9 to a monitor to help me zone out while I'm exercising.

Latest posts