What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Repeditive error A USB device has malfunctioned

eggokio

I have a optern 170 system and 6 usb ports none being used and I get a repeditive USB device has malfunctioned error. I've tried the disconnect power cord and mb battery for 30mins solution as well as the remove all usb entries in
the registry and reboot. But nothing helps, not even formatting and re-installing
winxp or windows vista. I believe the mb is dying and the usb errors is the first sign. Anyone have a idea what to do to stop these errors? Thanks

sswilson

Staff member
Did you try disconnecting the case USB connections? It could be that one of them is doing something funky like shorting out....

Other than that, if you've already done a full OS re-install then it's definately something hardware related, and if nothing is connected to a USB port then it's either your motherboard, the connections to the USB headers, or possibly a couple of the pins on the motherboard USB headers shorted together.

Latest posts

Twitter