What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Replacement for my Corsair 700D

Skippman

So I've been using the same chassis for the last decade, a Corsair 700D with a window panel. I'd like to make something a bit more modern to replace it. Right now I'm looking at three cases:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Tempered
Corsair 680X
Lian-Li 011 XL

I love the Lian-Li's visibility, but feel like the Phanteks case would provide much better airflow. I'm planning to continue to water cool either way.

The Fractal Define 7 XL is also on the list if for no other reason than it's the only modern case I can find that will let me mount a 5 1/4" drive that doesn't look crowded inside. I think I could probably fit my EK 360 Slim Rad in the top and still have room to clear my optical drive.

FWIW I have the Corsair iCue Commander Pro, two lighting hubs, 3 of their ML120's on my radiator and 2 of the LL140's. I plan to continue to use that to control the fan system so a built in fan controller really isn't a make/break factor for me.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I'd go for the Corsair or the Lian Li tbh. The Enthoo is a bit more niche, made for rare extreme systems and dual builds (you can install an itx at the bottom or an extra PSU).

The optical drive really should be in an external enclosure nowadays. They're used so rarely that it's probably not worth compromising the rest of build for one.

ipaine

The Fractal Define 7 XL is also on the list if for no other reason than it's the only modern case I can find that will let me mount a 5 1/4" drive that doesn't look crowded inside. I think I could probably fit my EK 360 Slim Rad in the top and still have room to clear my optical drive.

I have the Define 7 XL and while not an optical, I do have a 4x2.5 drive caddy in the 5.25" bay and have a 360mm rad up top. Not lots of room but doable. I honestly really like the case and has lots of room for water cooling and drives.

Skippman

I've pretty much settled on the Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL. I wish I could get it without the dang ROG logo on it, but the visiblity into the case for showing off water cooling is just unparalleled. I already ordered my external drive cage for the 5 1/4 drive.

Latest posts

Twitter