What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

replacement laptop batteries

dheian

Anyone know of a reputable and fast dealer of replacement laptop batteries? I need to get my hands on a Dell Inspiron 2650 battery ASAP.

MacJunky

If you feel up to it...

1. Crack the sucker open.
2. Check out what cells it uses
3. Buy suitable cells for replacement(online or somewhere)
4. Have local person spot-weld the new cells to some tabs(or the existing stuff) or do it yourself if you are capable.
5. Stuff it all back in the battery's case.
6. Place battery in computer & charge & test.
7. Be happy! (optional)

I don't know how common re-celling battery packs is in the PC world but a number of Mac users have been known to do it for their portable machines that range from a couple to a dozen or so years old. I would like to assume that since Mac users have been known to do this that at least some PC users have done it before as well and you might find information for your specific hardware if you look.

*Edit
Oh, and try not to resort to soldering the cells together. Spot-welding is really the best option for things like this.

DaleF

Don't forget the all important step of making sure the temperature sensor is in proper position. You know, so your battery doesn't pull a Sony.

Latest posts