What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Resetting Win7 to XP folder sharing settings?

JD

Staff member
Regarding the dummy plugs, can't you still force Windows 7 to detect a monitor even when it's not connected? That's what I had to do to make PhysX work.

GenL said:
Q: How do I set up a fake display?
A: First you need a driver to be installed for your NVIDIA GPU already (default MSDN driver is suffice). Open "Display Properties" ("Screen Resolution") dialog, click "Detect". Select a display assigned to your NVIDIA GPU, then set the "Multiple Displays" to "Try to connect anyway on: VGA" option. Click "Apply".

sswilson

Staff member
If it'll run without the plug after being setup initially with a plug into a monitor, I've got enough monitors with dual inputs to cover it.... if on the other hand, they'll drop the client as soon as the plug is removed then I'd have to make some dummy plugs. Not a big deal, just need to cut up some old vga cables and splice / solder in some resistors.

Might even be worth it.... I'm finding that my 275 under win7 64bit seems to be putting out an extra 300 - 500 PPD over what I was seeing under XP.

Latest posts