What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Resolution Resizing

enaberif

So I have a 46" LCD tv hooked up to my receiver through HDMI from the GPU to the receiver.

Anytime I turn my tv off the screen resolution changes and when I power on the tv again I have to constantly resize any window as it seems to drop into a 480 style resolution.

I should also note the tv comes on in 1080p and the taskbar is full size its just any windows or programs I have open does this.l

Anyone heard or have this issue? I'm thinking possible receiver issue.

ZZLEE

What video card is driving it ?

Look into video drivers.

enaberif

from most of my reading its a Windows 7 issue. I'm gonna try DVI -> HDMI and see if that fixes the problem but that opens up another can of worms regarding audio.

So I think for now i'll just live with it. Its a GT520 nvidia with a onkyo receiver and a dynex tv.

ZZLEE

Look int ( Nvidia control panel )

I was just taking a bo around what your looking fore might be there.

Arinoth

Staff member
Hmm I am not the only one with this issue, it's annoying when XMBC either comes up in windowed mode or at a lot lower resolution. Shall be lurking for fixes too. I should add I also have an Onkyo receiver.

enaberif

Hmm I am not the only one with this issue, it's annoying when XMBC either comes up in windowed mode or at a lot lower resolution. Shall be lurking for fixes too. I should add I also have an Onkyo receiver.

There are two things that I noticed that fix this. If the app is fullscreen it does not seem to do it. And if you snap a window to the top and bottom edge but don't make it full screen it will also keep it.

But anything that ISN'T locked in place gets moved.

You could try the fixes and see if it helps your situation Arin.

I will be trying this next: HTPC + HDMI + Win7 and its many issues... | MediaPortal Forum

Arinoth

Staff member
My only difference is that I'm on WinBlue, so not sure if that should matter. I will however look into this in the next few days, thanks Enab.

clshades

This is one of the reasons why I avoid Nvidia for HTPC setups. I've had issue after issue over the years with NVidia but every single AMD gpu I've thrown at TV's/HTPC always work without issue.

enaberif

This is one of the reasons why I avoid Nvidia for HTPC setups. I've had issue after issue over the years with NVidia but every single AMD gpu I've thrown at TV's/HTPC always work without issue.

This isn't a nvidia issue. Its a HDMI handshake issue and mainly caused by Windows 7. If I was using XP or Windows 8 the problem wouldn't exist.

Latest posts