What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Retiring 1366, 1500$ to spend

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Aka, biased towards a crooked company that slept on their profits for decades and are finally paying the price for their laziness.

AMD, for everything > Intel.
I'd even take a modernized VIA cpu over Intel.

rjbarker

Guys, keep this thread about helping the OP please.

-ST

Thanks Soul....my intention was simply to point out the Intel option.....certainly not bashing any one company.....in all honesty I could care less.....whether folks like or dislike any one Company........My Chip has been solid....(overclocking since day 1 a breeze) ...as for the additional PCI-e Lanes I have enough to run SLi (albeit x8x8) and 2 x nVME Drives (CPU).....as for 8C 16T perhaps this isnt enough for some....my multi tasking is minimal....perhaps Handbrake running while surfing the net with perhaps Adobe and Word / Excel running....all good...
...on another note I have never disliked any one Company....ceertainly not an AMD or Intel "Hater" ;)...nor would I plug on someone who likes either (not my style)...
I am a tad annoyed with nv and there ridiculous RTX pricing (upon release of the 2080Ti)..........

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
I get you RJ, and I've known you on here long enough to understand.

The one thing I hate about 'help' threads is people spewing hate or such one way or another.
It's one thing if you're going to put a Xion 1000W $50 PSU into your $2000 rig, then sure, spew away to prevent you know...a fire.
But really, AMD and Intel each have their own things that work for each company.

Best advice to people is make your plug and leave. Blind loyalty is what made people do some really bad things in the early 1900's.

-ST

Latest posts