What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Return or are these ok?

JD

Staff member
Never used graphite pads before, I would think it might be okay, but for the price that IC is charging for those, I would say ask for a refund/exchange. Supposedly you can buy Panasonic branded ones for far cheaper.

Shadowarez

Was going toss em in the duel CPU and server when I move it to a new 4U chassis. But want sure if these are still ok after what looks like someone using them as a writing surface. I could try use some Tim I suppose. These were like $17 a piece.

Bond007

Not really sure. Anytime I have heard of people using pads of any type the performance wasn’t very good. That said, I haven’t heard heard anything of those ones specifically. Personally I would go with TIM.

AkG

I would return it. Firstly its mainly hype - they work no better than most TIM and worse than some. Secondly they are a royal PITA to work with (they conduct electricity like a mofo, increase pressure on the socket, etc). Thirdly it is expensive for what it is. Lastly, it is scratched and damaged in transit. Probably wont make a dif... but it may (no idea TBH). IMHO the only time I would use it is if I was swapping out the cooler often. Otherwise... TIM is a tried and true method that is cheaper and 'just works'. YMMV

Shadowarez

Ty thought as much I have Kryonaught paste from thermal grizzly on the way wanted give ole Amd server a clean start in new home but yeah these got wrecked. Was looking forward to giving server nice new product. Ty again guys.

Latest posts

Twitter