What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Review Units FS. SKYMTL's Great GPU Sale 2017 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
There aren't words to describe the size of the Sword M. Think of it this way: my Mazda 3 has a pretty big trunk and the box for this thing would barely fit into it.

As for ACTUAL size comparisons...just go with the size of the mobo you see in the review.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Hmmmm, fun fun then. Unfortunately I still agree with you that the front "lips" look out of place and kinda weird. They should've made a cover like the back to go on the front... THAT would've made a nice case.

SKYMTL

Staff member
The size for the Stacker 532 is 536mm (H) X 638mm (L) X 250mm (W)

The size of the SwordM is 650mm (H) X 770mm (L) X 240mm (W)

So, it is massive....

Cptn Vortex

Yeah, thermaltake likes those. I just put a system together in a Kandalf LCS, and they use a tripple 120mm version of it. Very very restrictive (probably somewhere around 1/4" or less OD) and very dense fin structure. However, it performed pretty darn well. I stuck a QX9650 in there (Stock of course) and full load was 38 across all core, with 26's ambient. I gotta say I hated putting the bloody thing together, but those are not terrible temps, considering the whole case and LCS system is about $299.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Heh. I talked to Purolator today...you don't want to know what shipping would be to TO....

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I was thinking about building a small home server soon but that Sword might be on the overkill side.... of overkill (Double Overkill! :shok:)

SKYMTL

Staff member
Its GETTING the thing to the train which is a problem.

To tell you the truth, I'd actually feel bad if a delivery guy had to carry it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.