What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RevoDrive 3 240GB vs 2x 120gb SSD in Raid 0

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I'd get the Revodrive X2. PCI-E and no problems with Trim. And 1.5gbs max read!

JD

Staff member
I have the RevoDrive3 X2 480GB (the one which was reviewed here). I see over 500MB/s read/write in CrystalDiskMark with it under Windows 8.

Windows 8 thankfully didn't need any drivers for it, but it still does rape the boot time since it has it's own BIOS to initalize. Windows 7 does require drivers for it to show up though.

Likewise, I cannot install Windows with it plugged in, not sure why. No biggie though since I don't use it for my OS.

I suspect 2 SATA3 SSD's would be faster than it though. A single 256GB SSD should actually be sufficient too. They are faster than their 128GB counterparts.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Yup, same here - using a Revo 3 240Gb. If I'd do it over again, Raid 0 SSDs would get my choice.

gingerbee

i have had all 3 and i know run ssd's 120 vertex 3 in raid cause i use raid too much for data storage too so i gave up the revo that and i found all around i get higher read and write with raid then i did with the revo's my2cents and i didn't use software i am just talking about daily use as in load times adn boot times for everything

Latest posts