What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RGB controllers... AAARRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

sswilson

Staff member
Why does every freaking manufacturer have a proprietary controller???? Why didn't I make sure I got a motherboard that had an RGB header???? In the absence of an RGB header... why can't I order a stand-alone hub that would be compatible with a 4 pin 12V RGB fan????

Heh... so here's the deal... the case I just ordered comes with 3X Lian-Li RGB fans that can connect to several different motherboard headers, but apparently don't have any kind of controller that comes with them. Since my motherboard doesn't have a header and both my Hue+ and Corsair commander pro are proprietary I'm trying to find some kind of generic controller that'll allow me to connect and control a "standard 4 pin 12V RGB" fan.....

Any ideas?

sswilson

Staff member
How is it powered? I'm assuming I could get the required DC off of a molex? (I ordered one of the cheaper CM ones for now)

sswilson

Staff member
So the RGBW, or do they all connect via the phone app and the one with the remote just adds a bit of hands on control?

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter