What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RGB questions

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I've been searching around, through various RGB software companies and controllers, and I'm somewhat... Disappointed?

Let me start over: I'm looking to tie individual RGB LEDs to a function via the control software.
For example: Let's say I could find an RGB strip with 8 LEDs and install them the length of my motherboard. The one or two LEDs that are closest to something like the Southbridge, I'd like to assign to the temperature of that SB. With my own color gradient assigned to the temperature range. The rest of the LEDs on that strip could then do something more generic.
Example 2:
A fan with a ring of LEDs around the circumstance of the frame. I'd like to do something like assigning each quadrant of LEDs (90° worth) on that one fan, to the CPU load of four different cores. Again, custom color gradient depending on the cpu usage for each core. So by glancing at that one fan, I can tell no only how loaded my cpu is, but which individual cores are loaded.

There are lots of other ideas like that, but so far everything I've seen that claims "individually addressable LEDs" is really only assigning a function to one whole fan or one whole LED strip.

Is there anything that actually has the level of control I'm after?

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Been looking at iCue, and I can't seem to find a review that assigns functions to the individual LEDs. It's like no one tries, they all just set a whole fan or strip to a single function, so I'm not certain.

Maybe someone with iCue and Corsair stuff can give it a shot?

Latest posts

Twitter