What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rive BE 4960x Max Oc?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Current Oc
iv done more Tuning and this is currently were its stable with prime 95 cpu burner intel burn test and games plus i can encode again without it failing or stalling soon as it starts working. any idea if i should settle for 4.5 ghz since 4.6-4.7 seem to not be stable even with 1.40 v

MAC

Associate Review Editor
If you can cool it feel free to push the voltage even higher, but if not, 4.5Ghz is still a fine result.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Just did some tuning I can get 4.5Ghz Prime stable with 1.29v but now the rig can't Encode a movie without crashing in first 5-10 mins I swear if it's not one thing being unstable it's another.

Now it's prime stable can game for hours no prob but now it can't do any kind of encoding without crashing. Almost time to wash my hands with this junk just try again with x99 see if I can salvage this thing before new year.

clshades

you realize of course if you water cool the chipset and mosfets you'll get way more stable overclocks right? The great think about your mobo is you can get a FCWB for the mosfet/cpu/chipsets in one block which is really ideal from a piping standpoint.

Latest posts