What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RIVE - Only 12GB with 16GB installed ?

stoanee

Folding Team
I sent mine to the Asus RMA depot in Ontario. On the info they gave me they stated that the replacement they give me may be used or refurbished. I guess the treatment I receive will determine how much business I do with Asus in the future. Up to this point I have had no trouble with Asus products.

rjbarker

Yes apparently everything I've read dealing with Asus Canada they replace borked Boards with refurbished Boards.....provided they "test" these Boards I dont think its an issue, although if you spend approx. $450 on a Mobo that is "borked out of the box" and for whatever reason fall out of the NCIX 30 Day return policy, you wont get a new Board back.....hhhhhmmmm, this I dont think I would be all that pleased with,,,,,,,,

Anyhow, hope it goes well for you!!!

BrainEater

Man , that sucks guys....

I'm on my second RivE as well......I half-killed the first one.....Bad/zapped southy in my case , but the jury is still out.....It's on the shelf waiting for re-testing.

I was denied RMA.....I just bought a new one.

I'm not sure about memory slots . If you are filling just the red slots , That memory is getting lonely , and needs friends in the black slots.

:haha:

rjbarker

^^^ Yeah it was one of the Red Slots (C1 furthest to the right) that was "dead".......certainly see a lot of fvcked up RIVE Mobo's on the We...oh well,guess like anything you only see / read about all the buggered up Boards as guys with perfectly working Boards are to busy OC'ing or gaming ;)

Thats one thing with that Evga X58 Classified Mobo, never had a single issue with it, really wanted another Evga Board, BUT all the problems they have had with both there Classified and FTW X79 Boards steered me away from them. Anyhow, hopefully this Board is fine, if not the Evga X79 Black will be out in June, doubt they'll risk another flop ;)

rjbarker

Okay....new Board (RIVE) received his morning, an hour to put Procyon II back together, boot and voila.....16GB RAM...now to "play" !!! Really hoping I can get to 4.6Ghz!!!

nasrott

think i'll stay away from the rive if going 2011. How are temps on those cpu's compared to the 3770k's? Am assuming u guys are using water no?

Latest posts