What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RIVE Won't Boot

JD

Staff member
So... I went to turn on my PC this morning, and apparently it no longer boots...

It flips on for about 1s and then off, then on, off, on, off, continuously. Seems like it's not even getting close to POST'ing or even loading the BIOS, since the LED readout shows nothing either.

Any thoughts? Motherboard fried? CPU fried? I really don't know where to go from here...

I tried the BIOS Flashback as well, that didn't do anything.

sswilson

Staff member
Have you stripped it down to bare necessities yet?

Aside from that, my first inclination for something that just stops posting overnight would be PSU.

JD

Staff member
Yeah, no idea what happened. Obviously some gremlins somewhere!

Anyways, it's back up and running, I had to do the following:
1. Downloaded 1404 BIOS (ROM format instead of CAP)
2. Rename to ERALL.ROM and place on USB (this was key, using the R4E naming convention didn't work)
3. Use BIOS Flashback
4. Reset CMOS
5. It boots!

Now I'm in the process of doing the ROM-to-CAP conversion and will flash back the 4901 CAP.

Thank god for that BIOS Flashback feature. I think I would have been buying a new mobo otherwise.

ZZLEE

Look fore shorts on the board.
Heatkiller = water loop / look fore leaks
Loose connections

Or just could the fun UFFE BIOS

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter