What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

rogers tethering problems

gingerbee

Well Hello, everyone hoping someone might have a better insight than me on this. My ex-wife bought an unlocked phone and she on rogers, everything seemed to be fine then she calls me up and says her internet isn't working and her tethering won't connect to the internet. So the first thing I do is send her the APN setting for rogers network. she tells me she never had to do this before even though she has bought unlocked phones for many years now.

I don't know if the APN setting was put in the right way but everything now works but her tethering which she needs, I have confirmed the phone supports the rogers network, but we can't seem to get this working.

I Don't have the phone on me now but she is going to try and drop by tomorrow so I can take a Look at it, just wondering if anything jumps out at anyone or see something I am missing, strange thing to me is that rogers uses a different APN for tethering and one for internet+mms, unlike any other company I have used they all have just one APN.

thanks all for looking

sswilson

Staff member
Is this pre-paid or post-paid?

It's been a while since I've been with them, but IIRC rogers disables tethering on their pre-paid accounts/sims.

gingerbee

her account is post paid and she just switched from a Huawei phone that tethered just fine, I dont know about rogers but I am on chatr which is rogers network and I have tethering

gingerbee

sorry I call them both the same thing and I guess it would be a mobile hotspot, where you turn on the hotspot then use wifi to login into the phone so the internet get transferred through the phone, she says she got it to connected but never checked for the internet.

I found out today that she hasn't even set up the APN's so now I am pretty sure why it's not working but she is trying to get time to come over so I can take a look and hopefully fix it since I have the same phone and so do many others and hotspot/tethering works fine