What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rooting android

enaberif

How's the performance and battery life?
Well considering the age of the phone.. Depending on how much I use it during the day.. Some days I need to charge every evening.. other days I can usually go a day and a bit.

My only gripe with Lineage is that when the screen dims it can change the color tone and I haven't found a way to fix that.

clshades

Well considering the age of the phone.. Depending on how much I use it during the day.. Some days I need to charge every evening.. other days I can usually go a day and a bit.

My only gripe with Lineage is that when the screen dims it can change the color tone and I haven't found a way to fix that.

Yeh I can't even get through the day. And I'm not doing much really.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Yeh I can't even get through the day. And I'm not doing much really.
I have one that was replaced by Samsung that bootlooped shortly after...if you are the type to take the phone apart to swap the battery I could send you the dead phone I have, just pay shipping (I would suggest after the Canada Post strike). Otherwise you could pop a new one in yourself to breathe some life in it). Send me a PM if you want it and want to try a repair.

clshades

I have one that was replaced by Samsung that bootlooped shortly after...if you are the type to take the phone apart to swap the battery I could send you the dead phone I have, just pay shipping (I would suggest after the Canada Post strike). Otherwise you could pop a new one in yourself to breathe some life in it). Send me a PM if you want it and want to try a repair.
I just saw this. I'll get in touch with you soon. Worth a try!

Shadowmeph

I am not sure if I can upgrade my rooted Samsung SM-G386W core I tried at the Samsung firmware but it wont let me because my phone is root. there was a web site but i don't remember which one

enaberif

I am not sure if I can upgrade my rooted Samsung SM-G386W core I tried at the Samsung firmware but it wont let me because my phone is root. there was a web site but i don't remember which one
You can't do OTA updates.

You can go back to stock and then update to your hearts content and then root etc again.

Twitter