What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rosetta @ Home - Setup Guide

LCB001

yeah i ran Einstein for a while, but haven't tried it on the I5 yet, its been on stand-by for a while now, been trying to improve my Rosetta score

it did ok but toke up resources from the other 2. right now i got both GPU's runing Seti and 2 cpu's running Rosetta, seems to work well. got a decent score on each i think.

my 275 is running at around 84C(max) while doing Seti, need to reinstall rivatuner and redo my auto fan settings again to keep it cooler, been running the evga tool to manully increase fan speed to get lower temps, just wish the dam thing would OC a bit, but refuses to do so. also need to re OC my E8400 a bit.
It can be difficult trying to balance your resources between projects, I support all our Teams (except GPUGrid) and it's a bit of a stretch sometimes.

I've been hooked on WCG lately but should have some of the milestones I'm after accomplished soon which will free up some resources for Rosetta and Poem. Once I get some better cooling for my lappy I'll be running Seti on it's GPU which should help, all my other main GPU's are dedicated to Folding and will stay there...

Patramix

Hey ! LCB001

ive noticed you've steped up your boinc work a bit! nice to see some more numbers in the HC teams!

the Einstein@Home team rank keeps going up, ive been running more of it on my main pc(usually only my server run's einstein)we've it 445 with only the 2 of us!

the Seti@Home team is going well too, got it ranked at around 900, i just passed the 6M mark ranked 83 in the contry atm :)

the Rosetta@Home team is doing nicely too!

need more people to help us out too. get bigger numbers :)

LCB001

Yup we're doing pretty good considering how small our Boinc Teams are.

Gellidius has joined the Einstein Team which has helped and KrisCo is still there so there's four of us now.

For Seti I'm hoping to get a dedicated GPU card on that once the weather moderates, the 230M on my lappy has been doing great but can't keep up.

I've kicked it up a bit in Rosetta because I didn't like being that low in the rankings, I might have to cut back a bit though depending on the weather.

One neat little project that uses very little resources is WUProp@Home, it's stats give you a good idea of what you can expect from your hardware over the different projects.

WUProp@home is a non-intensive project that uses Internet-connected computers to collect workunits properties of BOINC projects such as computation time, memory requirements, checkpointing interval or report limit. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

Don't know if you've seen the DC Vault yet but it's a great way to keep track of the progress of most of our Teams

Patramix

Yeah the heat as been killing me, even with water cooling i cant keep the PC on, its been heating up the basement too much(it reached 31C in the basement because of the 2 pc's)

once the weather cool's a bit ill be able to ramp up the pc's again.

dint know about DC Vault. perty nice

LCB001

All my gpu's are shut down till cooler weather arrives, my livingroom hits 30C+ almost every day.

Once it cools off the fun begins...

Chasingu

Just moved my Rosetta@home from my Main Rig that does World Community Grid and Milkway@home to my old Mac Mini, that can work 24/7, and that is now crunching for the team.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Welcome aboard. While there's only a few of us still actively crunching for Rosetta@Home, we're still the #61 in the world for points.

Chasingu

Welcome aboard. While there's only a few of us still actively crunching for Rosetta@Home, we're still the #61 in the world for points.
Thanks. I know Folding is more popular here, but I prefer BOINC more, and it all goes to the same cause one way or the other...saving lives...

sswilson

Staff member
Ok, so I've got one PC (main rig) switched over to WCG under the hardware canucks banner and I just used the recommended projects (both cpu and gpu). I'll be setting up my secondary rig in a couple of hours when it finishes off the last FAH WU so is there anything I should look at when I set it up? (Like maybe specify rosetta@home / seti@home if those are the two main projects the team is working on?).

Since there are two rigs, it'd be easy for me to do different work on each one.

sswilson

Staff member
Next question.... is there a way to turn off the screen saver on the world community grid? I want it to continue doing work, but I also want it to let the monitor go to sleep but I can't for the life of me figure out how..........