What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Router recommendation for 2020

lcdguy

Folding Team
they do, but i have to make an account to see the price, which really rubs me the wrong way.

On the unifi gear, i've had it for a number of years and it worked great but with the way they are handling the notification of EOL devices was the big drive for me to migrate away from thier ecosystem.

And the last component has been ordered :)

Last edited:

lcdguy

Folding Team
And finally finished migrating off of unifi :). So now i have a bunch of unifi gear i need to figure out what to do with it.

Mr. Friendly

rather than posting a new thread, I'll resurrect this one.

what do you think the best wifi router is right now? not a wired router and AP, but an actual wireless router.

rjbarker

Not sure if this relevent....I just replaced my aging Asus AC68U router with a full Home Mesh System....Asus Zen WiFi AX XT8 (Router n Node) system and am in the process of adding a 3rd Zen Node. Finally something that can cover all corners of my large 3 story home and patios.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Not sure if this relevent....I just replaced my aging Asus AC68U router with a full Home Mesh System....Asus Zen WiFi AX XT8 (Router n Node) system and am in the process of adding a 3rd Zen Node. Finally something that can cover all corners of my large 3 story home and patios.

I will second going whole home mesh. Especially if you have a saturated household (like mine).

I opted for these, with an additional Unit afterwards. It has been absolutely rock solid for me.

-ST

rjbarker

^^^^ I'm anything but a very basic Network guy......if thjings dont work as they should I'm very limited as to my troubleshooting abilities other than the basic / obvious....found these guys here pretty helpful SNB Forums
btw its all Netwrok stuff..the link is to the Asus section

crazyea

I've got 28 devices in my home of which 6 are hard wired. All are on the same 5ghz band. All on a 1g fiber connection from Telus.

6 people hammering the data day and night. 12TB transfer last month on PLEX, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Etc.

I am using an Asus RT-AC86U and have zero complaints with it. Never drops a signal, never slows down. Perfect Router so far after a couple of years.

Since several of us are on newer phones I have considered the newer RT-AX86U, but I'm not sure I need it.

FreeKnight

I took some time last summer and ran ethernet through the whole house. Only my phone and google minis are still on wifi. TVs, consoles and computers are now all hardwired.

Otherwise I've had 3 asus routers and they've been really good. Vastly better than the ISP routers I had or the lower tiered netgears back in the day

Phobia

I took some time last summer and ran ethernet through the whole house. Only my phone and google minis are still on wifi. TVs, consoles and computers are now all hardwired.

Otherwise I've had 3 asus routers and they've been really good. Vastly better than the ISP routers I had or the lower tiered netgears back in the day
How long/hard was it to run ethernet? I’m buying my first house soon and want to run ethernet everywhere... I’m just not sure of the feasability.

Latest posts

Twitter