What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RTX 2080Ti Models & other 2080 ti buying info

danmitch1

Yeah exactly, here in Montreal im looking at, after gst pst 1,866.90 off newegg.
Dont know this person, its from kijiiji . Thing is the guy has pictures of the side that to me look odd. shouldnt there be plastic covering the whole box? Look at the second pic and then the last pic has the little round sticker seal.. hmmm
Edit: according to this unboxing video it only has the little round sticker seal
As far as the warranty though, I believe there is only a 2 year warranty on this sucker.. if it was bought at release which I believe is oct 2018 it would only have roughly 8 months left.
Yeah, I see alot of those fakes on ebay, they even hack the bios so it shows what they are pretending it to be.
You are out west eh? probably not worth shipping me yours to Mtl when you want to sell it.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg$_59.jpg

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Box looks right, and that's the correct seal sticker on the last image.

I actually get shipping reasonably priced through the small business program, but I won't be ready to sell for another month and change. I won't even have the time to take apart the pc for awhile since I'm travelling a ton for work lately and would have to pull off the morpheus cooler I have on it.

Once I'm ready to sell it though, It'll be on our BST :D

danmitch1

Gotcha, I dont think Ill be patient enough to wait that long lol!
I just dug up this "A ZOTAC product warranty is non-transferrable."
Im getting cold feet here ...
Im thinking if I cant get this from a reputable person, maybe I should buy new...

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
The 2080 Super might also suffice for what you want. I'll be totally honest and say upgrading from a 1080 Ti to the 2080 Ti probably was one of my stupidest purchases, but hey, it was insanely cheap on Amazon and I couldn't pass it up!

1579287878751.png

So to that point, if you're willing to dig through Amazon every now and then, you might come across a price anomaly like I did.

EDIT: Also at this point of time, is it really good to buy a 2080 Ti? Ampere should be coming this year. AMD's got the 5950XT coming too it seems.

Last edited:

danmitch1

My 1080ti laughs at every game I play.
The only way im justifying this is for rendering tbh.
Its really nice having your model render in front of your eyes while you work instead of waiting 5 10 minutes to see if your texture or scale is looking right.

I need the 11gb of ram for rendering, and the 2080ti cuts rendering time by 75% compared to the 1080ti..
I think im gonna pass on that card I found... seems too risky no?

JD

Staff member
Since it seems it has no warranty, kinda risky on a $1k+ GPU.

My Zotac is using the Micron memory which EVGA had a lot of issues with at least, thankfully I haven't seen any degradation or artifacts with mine, even running it overclocked since getting it basically. Granted, my memory does not clock anywhere near what cards with Samsung memory can do.

danmitch1

Yup! Plus being bnib, its never been tested. Fck it! Contemplating getting a new one, or should i wait for freeknight's sale :cool:

danmitch1

Ampere?!
Really, already!?
Well now, that will effect 2080ti prices... open up the used market too.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
I mean there's never a good time to buy... I thought it was bad enough buying the 2080 Ti a year after launch personally.

If this rendering work you do is making you money, it might be worth it to buy now if you end up saving time (and thus making money). However, if you can hold off 6-8 months, there should be new cards available, or at least current cards will be cheaper.

rjbarker

Ampre is a ways away yet....however I'm anticipating seeing the 2080Ti Super version ...waiting at least a few more months.....bean watching the 2080Ti Cards closely ....Memoery Express rercently had the Evga FTW Ultra available for $1599...decent price for that Card.

As for the EK Water Blocks....they have just about any model for any particular Card.....as you may consider purchasing a Card with already installed WB....I always figfure its easier in the long run re-installiong the Air Cooler to sell.....the just throw in the Water Block /Backplate for free....the Water blocks / Backplates are pretty much a write off after purchasing anyhow...

Latest posts

Twitter