What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RTX 3080 20GB Cancelled Before it’s Even Announced! RX 6000 Specs, Availability

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Let’s get started with Nvidia. With AMD’s cards right around the corner, we’ll talk about that in a moment, Nvidia had plans to strike back later in the year. Since the Navi 21 based RX 6000 series is said to include a massive maximum of 16GB of Vram, Nvidia was planning to release 2 new variants of its current GPU’s.

An RTX 3080 with 20GB of Vram instead of 10, and an RTX 3070 with 16gb of Vram instead of 8. Both cards were planned to be launched sometime in December and we knew of their existence from several leaks, including this photo which shows the entire RTX 3000 lineup. Unfortunately, it seems like they won’t happen.

Apparently, Nvidia told their AIB’s that plans for these high Vram variants have been canceled. Not moved to 2021, just canceled. There are a few reasons why these variants could have been canceled. It could be yield or capacity issues for Samsung’s 8nm process, GDDR6X yields for the RTX 3080 or simply a marketing strategy. I mean, Nvidia also canceled the 3070 ti which would have had more Cuda cores but we also dont know why.

Entz

interesting about the 3070 GPU's shipping as my disti contacts say they have received NO inventory and the opening day is drawing close fast.

probably just cause we're Canada...but still. <_<
Based on the numbers from ProShop (Big danish retailer) they have 206 3070s for launch ... 0 Asus for example. The numbers are going to SUCK.

I can't imagine the disaster it would have been a month ago.

So I am not surprised there is few if any in Canada /sad panda

Dwayne

Based on the numbers from ProShop (Big danish retailer) they have 206 3070s for launch ... 0 Asus for example. The numbers are going to SUCK.

I can't imagine the disaster it would have been a month ago.

So I am not surprised there is few if any in Canada /sad panda

Straight from Proshop

They do have another 578 listed as incoming. No where near their requested orders, but it is something.

As much as people scream paper launch (or try and redefine it), there are cards for sale, just not the volume we would hope to see as consumers.

Entz

They do have another 578 listed as incoming. No where near their requested orders, but it is something.
Indeed. Just a question of when those will come.

I have given up on a 3080 for now, can't go AMD (without a new monitor) so lets hope this isn't another bots go wild moment :(

JD

Staff member
I have given up on a 3080 for now
Memory Express is getting 350 in this week, but of course all accounted for. Might as well put your order in somewhere if you do want one though since at least you'll have a spot in "line".

Entz

Memory Express is getting 350 in this week, but of course all accounted for. Might as well put your order in somewhere if you do want one though since at least you'll have a spot in "line".
Yeah I have my name in with evga. Memory express is only taking in person back orders and there isn’t one remotely close to me. Mikes are all no longer available. Canada computer is scummy if you believe Reddit.

hopefully with the 350 they may start taking back orders online.

im torn between getting a 3070 and suffering with my 980 and trying to get lucky. I expect the 3070s to be harder to get as it’s a more palatable price.

Bond007

And rumours now of 3060Ti and 3080Ti.

Latest posts