What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RTX 3080 Ti and all new Super variants postponed

Lysrin

[snip] pretty normal for a 3090
This issue is that it should never be "normal" for any GPU I don't think. Just beyond reasonable pricing.

But if people want to pay it, mad money as you said, and it is worth it too them, no criticism from me! I'm just not going there. I spend money on other stuff. It is just overpriced imo.

JD

Staff member
NVIDIA also appears to be ignoring that miners are still buying cards en-masse, they claim all demand currently is from gamers :rolleyes:

Lysrin

NVIDIA also appears to be ignoring that miners are still buying cards en-masse, they claim all demand currently is from gamers :rolleyes:
Riiiight... It was likely a World of Warcraft guild that broke into the MSI factory...

FreeKnight

Nah, nah, bro, you're misunderstanding. It's just people buying the cards for MINEcraft. Let's not blame the poor innocent coin miners here. It's all gaming demand

- Nvidia corporate response.

More seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if nvidia could pump out more mine-friendly non graphics cards that sold for cheaper and were easier to produce but weren't any good for gaming, but that they're choosing not to because they know that the miners will just pay for whatever's on the market.

JD

Staff member
Haha, well if Tom's is to believed, apparently it was discussed: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-mulls-restarting-production-of-cryptomining-product-line

But yeah, it makes no sense to do so, you can make way more money by driving up demand (and thus pricing) of existing products rather than making a new line for miners. You'd likely have to take a loss on the miner side for that matter to convince them to buy those over "gamer" products.

I just imagine there's data centers/warehouses full of flashy RGB video cards now, they likely never even have to turn the building lights on :ROFLMAO:

ipaine

I guess no step up to the ti variant this time. Maybe I'll decide to get the hybrid cooler for my ftw3 in a bit, but for now the regular cooler is working well.

And for mining I think the best price/performance one right now would be the 3060ti. Frankly I wouldn't mind having a couple of those in a mining rig. Or a warehouse full would be even better.

clshades

The 3090 is probably the worst buy out there, performance to price imo. Resale will be just as stupid when the 4080 destroys it. So there's that.

Only content creators could really take advantage of a 3090. I have considered it a few times, just can't bring myself to spend 2k on a vid card.

Latest posts

Twitter