What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RTX 3090 Super rumored...

rjbarker

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Nostalgia aside, my point was more that GPU (and cpu) lineups have been consistently confusing for practically ever. This new product stack isnt any worse really.

Lysrin

Nostalgia aside, my point was more that GPU (and cpu) lineups have been consistently confusing for practically ever. This new product stack isnt any worse really.
That's where I figured you were going with that particular pic. Crossover of similar numbering across companies too has been a point of confusion.

FreeKnight

This seems to happen on the regular with every tech company. Followed by a 'let's reset our naming convention so it's less confusing' followed by mucking it up by the next product line....

Was actually just reading a rumor that the RTX 4000 is currently scheduled for mid-late 2022, so about a year, year and a quarter away, so I could definitely see a 'Super' line sneaking in between now and then. The performance margins between the various RTX cards aren't huge, but the price gap is, so I could see nvidia splitting the difference between a 3080 and a 3080 Ti with a 3080 super and only minimally beating the 3080 but still charging a premium. MRSP is $699 USD for the 3080 and $1199 USD for the 3080 TI so there's plenty of 'space' in their pricing to slot the card into.

rjbarker

I plan on skipping that 4xxx series altogether......I have kind of settled in to skipping one Generation between upgrades.

As for 3xxx Super Series....yes there is wiggle room for $$$$ but not a lot of wiggle room for performance....maybe they will entice thru yet more VRAM....somewhere between 12G and 24G ....who knows what the mastermind nv marketing team will come up with !

ipaine

I plan on skipping that 4xxx series altogether......I have kind of settled in to skipping one Generation between upgrades.

As for 3xxx Super Series....yes there is wiggle room for $$$$ but not a lot of wiggle room for performance....maybe they will entice thru yet more VRAM....somewhere between 12G and 24G ....who knows what the mastermind nv marketing team will come up with !
Same here, skip a generation just like for a while now. 580 sli, 780ti sli, 1080ti sli, 3080ti, RTXYZ5000, etc.

djbrad

4 slot card? You need 4 hands to install it, or 2 hands and a jack to not break the pcie slot.

Latest posts