What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RTX3070TI vs 6900XT

Frankxu

I have not really followed the hardware field in quite some years so need abit of help here

im looking to dump around 600 bucks on a graphics card and was looking at amazon
It appears the offers from both sides are going to be 3070ti vs radeon 6900xt.
im pretty much brand agnotics. im just looking for what gives me the overal best performance for my money

I ussual plays
FPS (single player)
RPG
Turnbased stragy/4x games
Real time strategy

I dont play
Sports games
Racing games

from som quick googling it looks liek the 6900xt is the overwall winnder can someone confirm or deny this ?

moocow

Wait until Dec 13 and see what the 7900XTX can do and at what price. Also see what that does to market prices.

Lysrin

Echo what @moocow says.

Some other questions:
- What resolution do you play your games at?
- Do you care about ray tracing?
- Are you using a G-Sync/Freesync monitor and do you care about supporting that tech?

Jokester

Yeah.. if you don't care much about RTX, 6900 xt will stomp a 3070 Ti all day.

But as mentioned above, you should wait for AMD launch as it will change prices

Last edited:

Bond007

Right now, AMD GPUs get you more FPS/$ without a doubt. Nvidia cards lose some FPS/$, and in place of that you get better ray tracing and DLSS (for games that support it, if it suits you).

While there are lots of people that always buy nvidia, I would personally (and recommend to you) to buy AMD based on current pricing if you are focused on gaming.

However, I will backup everyone else that commented and recommend you wait to see what what the imminent AMD launch does to pricing.

JD

Staff member
There's a 6900XT that's half price at Canada Computers ($799CAD), so perhaps that's what's driving this question.

If you are getting a good deal on the 6900XT, I think it's a fine choice. Even with the new Radeon cards coming, they'll still be priced higher. I'm not certain AMD has as much excess inventory as NVIDIA, so uncertain of any "clear out" sales.

I don't think ray tracing is a big deal, it's pretty when you are standing still looking around in game, but once the action gets moving, I'm not sure how beneficial it is.

Lysrin

*snip*

I don't think ray tracing is a big deal, it's pretty when you are standing still looking around in game, but once the action gets moving, I'm not sure how beneficial it is.
That has been my position on it from the beginning. And if you don't have it you won't miss it! ;)

I must admit though, I do really like HDR when it's done well, different tech I know, but I really thought it was a gimmick until I experienced it.

Dwayne

*snip*

I still think that ray tracing is a big deal from a developer point of view, if the tools support it. The ability to drop in lighting that just works and not have to program in the voodoo they developed over the years is what I am thinking. From a user standpoint gamers don't concentrate so much on the "pretty" aspect once the gaming gets hot, as Lysrin points out, but we still like our games to look good.

It would be interesting to get a view from a programming and development perspective on the usefulness though.

Lysrin

*snip* gamers don't concentrate so much on the "pretty" aspect once the gaming gets hot, as Lysrin points out, but we still like our games to look good.

It would be interesting to get a view from a programming and development perspective on the usefulness though.
I believe JD pointed that out. I just agreed :)

Latest posts