What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rumor or News? GTX 1080/1070 paper launch 6 May, available June

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletrax

Banned
Already started a fund for a couple GP100 based cards. Most likely in the Titan class since I have had such good luck with my Titans. So excited to get away from 28nm. It has been around way too long....

Gonna dress them in a set of Heatkiller blocks when they come :)

Groove

Already started a fund for a couple GP100 based cards. Most likely in the Titan class since I have had such good luck with my Titans. So excited to get away from 28nm. It has been around way too long....

Gonna dress them in a set of Heatkiller blocks when they come :)

How are your titans holding up on the x34? I'm running mine on a single 980 and it's normally fine but it can get in the mid 40s. I passed on the Ti's for Pascal so hopefully they'll have something interesting under 1k.

turtletrax

Banned
How are your titans holding up on the x34? I'm running mine on a single 980 and it's normally fine but it can get in the mid 40s. I passed on the Ti's for Pascal so hopefully they'll have something interesting under 1k.

Actually ridiculously well. Usually in the 75fps range on non garbage code games. Lowest is 30-35 FPS in the most demanding areas w/settings maxed, and usually only for a short while. Add the Gsync and that doesnt even really matter. Still very playable at the lowest dips. I have had these cards for ages. I put them on water and changed the bios to GHZ w/no boost and boom, works. I will move the cards to other machines and use them till they die. Which may be never :)

Just played through HL2 again with the X34 and titans and it really brought back memories. Also with everything cranked and still 100FPS+ showed you what you could imagine only in your dreams back in the day :thumb:

crazyea

I remember I was working security at the time and I would play hl2 on my dell laptop. Good times.

I hope the 1080 is at least a bit faster than the 980ti or whats the point.

turtletrax

Banned
I remember I was working security at the time and I would play hl2 on my dell laptop. Good times.

I hope the 1080 is at least a bit faster than the 980ti or whats the point.

Ya, with the mods it is a beautiful game, and still tons of fun. Shows you what a well coded game is all about really. Wish Valve would get back to work on more :)

Would be sweet to have the 1080 be a sick overclocker and also be efficient. Also seems like pascal may actually make entry cards not suck ass. If a card is $250 bux and can actually perform well at 1080 and not need anything but PCIe power from the board that would be pretty awesome too. I would like to see the mobile parts derived from 14-16nm make it into things like ultrabooks and and the surface/surfacebook for decent prices and make some amazing gaming tablets.

Been on 28nm so long I cant believe it. I want to see some nose to tail changes in the GPU game.

Edit: Also just kinda dawned on me that I have had a high end Nvidia card from every series since the GTX7800 except a 9 series card :ph34r:Must be why I want two from Pascal LOL

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
This maybe a mid range launch of nvidia I can't wait till Volta comes down with HBM2 in a more refined state that will be the first Titan I'll buy. By then vulkan should have a foothold somewhere so I won't have to install win10 for dx12.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Still finding 980ti on eBay from $770-$5500 lol guess gota wait a lil while longer to grab a reduced one or if im lucky trade my 980ti and $$$ for a Titan lol.

Lysrin

Still finding 980ti on eBay from $770-$5500 lol guess gota wait a lil while longer to grab a reduced one or if im lucky trade my 980ti and $$$ for a Titan lol.
Do you mean a new Pascal Titan if there is one or do you mean a current gen Titan X? I know the Titan X is the more powerful card but other than having twice the VRAM the benchmarks I can find don't show it being worth the extra expense over a 980Ti, even at 4K. Am I missing something? Do you need the 12GB of VRAM on the Titan X? Just curious.

Hewfil1

I just saw this, so let's hope.

The GeForce GTX 1080 GPU will come with 8 GB of GDDR5X memory. It also reportedly houses 8 billion transistors with a 2,560 core count. Despite a smaller size, it will have more power compared to the Maxwell-based graphics cards. On the other hand, specs for the GeForce GTX 1070 have yet to be uncovered. However, it is believed to have slightly less power than the GeForce GTX 1080 GPU.

Both GPUs are rumored to be released by June 2016. Pricing is estimated to range from about $599 for the GTX 1080 and $449 for the GTX 1070.

Status
Not open for further replies.