What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Running low in AS5 thermal compound... what cha got?

Bond007

Actually, I just looked at pricing. MX4 is generally cheap for the standard 3-4g tubes, and is cheapest if you buy bulk sized. However, Noctua NT-H1 is currently the same price if you buy as an add-on item from amazon ($10 if you have to order other stuff as well). It does outperform the mx4 a bit.

belgolas

I haven't bought any thermal compound in years. Right now I just use the stuff that comes with Noctua coolers. If I were to buy some I would go with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut as it is some of the best without going with something crazy.

G

Just used the last of my IC24 that said I did order MX-4 since I have none around. Good, cheap and a monkey can apply it. As others I have not used AS5 in 10+ years.

freeagent

Thermalright TF8 is specced better than Kryonaut, last I looked was the same price. It’s what I’m using now and it’s great. Definitely better than AS5, which I used for a decade at least.

freeagent

I have to take that back. I ran out of TF8 and bought TFX. Well, I ran out of that and bought a tube of AS5.. only seeing at best 3-4c difference between TFX and AS5.

I don't think it really matters too much what you put on as long as its decent. Other variables are probably just as if not more important and worthy of more consideration.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
i got a few tubes of the huge Noctua stuff i paid $30 but got a lil kit with alcohol wipes that are bigger then a stamp, and it was amazing in a time when you couldnt get isoprop in 99% strength. i use the pink gum stuff KRYONAUT EXTREME for my project's and if im building a high core count rig.

33g tube $79 uk - Nearly $150 by time it got here.