What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RX 460 issues

yycraven

Hey everyone,

So here is a issue I am having, installed my RX 460 into test bench. Fresh install of windows 7 64bit.
Go to install AMD drivers and when drivers are installed it does not see the card.

"No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your hardware."

Thats the message I get every time. I do fresh clean driver uninstall and then reinstall drivers either from Powercolor or from AMD auto detect.
Same thing happens. So my question is anyone else come across this with there Radeon cards??

Oh and if I install my R9 Fury the drivers see that card, but not the RX 460. :doh:

Attachments

Last edited:

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
That is strange. The consensus seems to be to run DDU in safe mode to clean out stuff. Have the correct driver for your card and OS from AMD. Install on a clean system and you should be good. If that's not working????

Your sure the 460 is okay? Checking AMD's site it looks like the same driver for RX4XX and R9.

yycraven

Yea ran DDU in safe mode uninstalled drivers, restarted, checked windows was all up to date.
Then installed drivers for the RX 460 off AMD site that is for this card.

Still does not see the card. So then installed fresh copy of windows 10 and did updates for the OS, and then drivers off AMD. Still does not see it..

So now thinking issues with the card it self. But ran fine 6mths ago before I took it out of my son pc.
Put back in static bag and org box.

RMA time I guess..

Thanks Valkyrie for the help.

Dead Things

Sorry for chiming in so late - but is it at all possible you're trying to install older drivers that do not support the RX 460 but do support the R9?

Shadowmeph

my RX 480 was having huge issues as well I had to uninstall reinstall uninstall reinstall my drivers several times I would uninstall run ccleaner manually go into where the drivers where supposed to be installed delete the AMD driver folder run ccleaner again reboot boot . I even uninstalled ran that DDU program booted into safemode did all the things it said to do and after the ( can't remember maybe) 10th time it took. so now it makes me a little uneasy updating my driver because sometimes it fails to update it stays. this is in windows 10 mind you. if I try to update the drivers it most of the times fails to update and stays at which ever version. and I won't bother trying to update the Radeon software that never updates with out issues lol

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
my RX 480 was having huge issues as well I had to uninstall reinstall uninstall reinstall my drivers several times I would uninstall run ccleaner manually go into where the drivers where supposed to be installed delete the AMD driver folder run ccleaner again reboot boot . I even uninstalled ran that DDU program booted into safemode did all the things it said to do and after the ( can't remember maybe) 10th time it took. so now it makes me a little uneasy updating my driver because sometimes it fails to update it stays. this is in windows 10 mind you. if I try to update the drivers it most of the times fails to update and stays at which ever version. and I won't bother trying to update the Radeon software that never updates with out issues lol

I've gotten into the habit of running DDU at least a couple of times in SAFE mode. I think UEFi is the problem, but I could be wrong of course. Hopefully a GURU will chime in............

Twitter