What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ryzen 1700 revisit in 2020

moocow

Hardware Unboxed revisited the Ryzen 1700 and it still look pretty good. One thing they noticed is that some of the games are now taking advantage of the additional threads compared to the old i7-7700K and result in higher 1% low performance.

justmehereajax

I wanted to get a 1800x last year for $140 used (august 2019). now prices have doubled lol
I just like the idea of more threads, I find multitasking so smooth when I have 12 threads on my 1600

I also have a i7 4770 that I use sometimes.... Its ok. Same IPC I think.

I dont ever think I will need to upgrade in a long time still with my 1600.

moocow

I wanted to get a 1800x last year for $140 used (august 2019). now prices have doubled lol

It's the typical "price against what's retailer or eBay are selling for" situation. A quick look on PC Parts Maker, the 1800X is $200 USD on Amazon. For $80USD more you get a 3700X. For $200 CAD you can get a Ryzen R5-2600 but people are selling i7-7700K for $325 on FB. Like Steve @ GN said, it's only worth $50 USD. I still can't believe people try to sell an Intel i7 8086 for $500. "IT'S A COLLECTABLE!!!!1!!!". Yeah no one cares, it's not a Ferrari F40, Porsche GT3 RS, or Kurt Cobain's guitar. It's a piece of mass produced silicon that does work or most likely access website with naked people on it.

justmehereajax

There is a guy on FB (GTA) selling a 1500x (4core/8thred) for $150. He offered to sell it to me for $130.
I just did not bother to buy the used market no more. No good used deals for the last 2+ months I see. I just buy new now as every used product is selling at retail levels minus the taxes.

I will just wait for ryzen 4000 as I have a spare B450 board I want to build to replace my brothers computer.

gingerbee

I have two 1700 in the house one is way overkill for my archive system and the other is in the wife's gaming pc which she loves. I still love this CPU think it was one of the best bangs for bucks deals in the last few years

Ya, I gave up on the used market in southern Ontario prices way too high so I will give away old pc's before I sell them nowadays. but at the rate I am going the bathroom is going to have a pc soon XD

If I buy/sell used it's pretty much only here

Latest posts