What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ryzen 2600 Maximum Single/Dual Core Overclock?

mikjames

I play a lot of older games heavily modded. The one that always seems to create a cpu bottleneck is Oblivion.
I've done a bit of moderate overclocking, up to 3.8 when all 6 cores are active, but I don't want to push the vrms on my B350 any further than that. I'm curious if anyone has tried to really push the single or dual core clock speed with any significant success?

Let's say we completely disabled 5-6 cores in the bios and really cranked the last one up to the maximum safe voltage? Would this allow the single core to push well beyond 4.2-4.3 ghz, or is that a hard locked per core maximum within the chip itself? The efficiency curve for Ryzen vs Intel is very strange to me, at equal clock speeds below 4ghz the Ryzen's are more efficient, but when you really push them ~1.4v 4.2+ghz the Intels close the gap and keep on going.

Latest posts