What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ryzen 3000/5000 Overclocks

lowfat

Staff member
Finally done w/ my PBO2 undervolting. Took 8-9 days to do the 5800x. Did at least 10 hours of prime AVX stable for each core. Ended up w/ the following negative offsets. Core 5 & 7 are the preferred cores.

Core 0 -10
Core 1 -19
Core 2 -27
Core 3 -24
Core 4 -18
Core 5 -11
Core 6 -12
Core 7 -20

1.JPG

Last edited:

Jokester

Finally done w/ my PBO2 undervolting. Took 8-9 days to do the 5800x. Did at least 10 hours of prime AVX stable for each core. Ended up w/ the following negative offsets. Core 5 & 7 are the preferred cores.

Core 0 -10mV
Core 1 -19mV
Core 2 -27mV
Core 3 -24mV
Core 4 -18mV
Core 5 -11mV
Core 6 -12mV
Core 7 -20mV

View attachment 30368

Were you just changing one core at a time then stress testing? I was lazy and did -15 on all cores.... worked for a bit till it crashed. Have to actually do it properly haha

Can your setup do 1900 or 2000 stable?

lowfat

Staff member
Were you just changing one core at a time then stress testing? I was lazy and did -15 on all cores.... worked for a bit till it crashed. Have to actually do it properly haha

Can your setup do 1900 or 2000 stable?
Yes. Set a core, then Prime95 just that core. If I wasn't going to be using my computer, like when I was sleeping. I would launch 2 separate instances of Prime, each just w/ a single thread. So in case one failed I knew which core it was. As long as I wasn't using the computer, 2 cores active barely dropped clocks, maybe 50MHz.

EDIT: CPU is @ 1900MHz IF. I wasn't able to get ram above 1900MHz no matter what I tried.

2.JPG

sswilson

Staff member
Did you go back and Prime test all cores to ensure that setting for one didn't affect a previously stable core? Probably not necessary as you're playing with voltages offsets instead of the traditional tweaking max freq.

Do you know offhand if PBO2 is limited to 5XXX series procs?

lowfat

Staff member
Did you go back and Prime test all cores to ensure that setting for one didn't affect a previously stable core? Probably not necessary as you're playing with voltages offsets instead of the traditional tweaking max freq.

Do you know offhand if PBO2 is limited to 5XXX series procs?
I figured that stressing a single core at a time would allow for its highest clocks, most voltage usage. I just assumed that is going to be the weak point. I maybe should run Prime95 tonight on all cores just to make sure.

I was under the impression that PBO2 would be for Zen 2 and 3. But I haven't seen any Zen 2 results yet. So maybe it isn't available yet?

Coach

The other day I got my 5900x. I am too far out it to know how to OC this thing correctly. FYI my mobo is the ASUS x570 TUF Gaming. I will post R23 benchies soon

mGz

Overclocking Ryzen's presents nothing but headaches and an abundance of WHEA errors. Kind of stupid AMD decides not to release data sheets with official voltage specs. That, in turn, leads to many not trusting their platform.