What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ryzen 5000 Gets an Infinity Fabric BOOST! Rocket Lake Clocks up to 5.5Ghz!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

With their Zen 3 event, AMD showed us the basic specifications of their upcoming Ryzen 5000 processors. Unfortunately, the company didn’t touch on some of the nuances or features that the processor might come with. Things like an updated precision boost or precision boost overdrive system, overclocking features or how the new cache system might influence the infinity fabric.

Well, it looks like they were planning to do so in the coming weeks. A slide has leaked with information on the new and improved memory overclocking for Ryzen 5000. Before we jump into the slide, let's take a look at what we had. For Ryzen 3000, the ideal memory speed recommended by AMD for the best performance was 3733Mhz. This is with the Infinity fabric running at 1866Mhz in 1:1 mode with the Memory clock. This makes the memory latency go down to 67 nanoseconds. When overclocked though, most people were able to push the infinity fabric to 1900Mhz, making 3800Mhz the new sweet spot. Keep in mind that memory timing plays an important role here.

Moving on to the leaked slide and AMD seems to have pushed the infinity fabric even further. As you can see here, AMD says that 4000Mhz DDR4 memory is to Ryzen 5000, what 3800 was for Ryzen 3000. This means the new Infinity fabric runs at 2000Mhz. Or at least can be overclocked to 2000Mhz easily and consistently. AMD even goes as far as saying that memory overclocking for ryzen has the best ROI for ryzen customers who want to tweak their system.

Entz

I would wait for official confirmation + depending on your ram you may be able to simply overclock.

Still seems odd to me AMD only tested with 3600 , you would think they would of tested with 4000 if they could, but I am remaining hopeful.

JD

Staff member
So, would swapping out my DDR4-3600 for DDR4-4000 now be OK as future proofing for the new procs?
I did just that, got it today too. Running at 3800MHz @ CL16 now and seemingly stable (1:1 as well). I don't think I'll invest any more time in tweaking it though until I get my 5950X.

Dwayne

I'll wait and see what the reviewers say about the Zen 3 chips. I am sure the RAM I bought will OC fine, if it turns out to be true.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
The learning curve for this stuff should be faster this time around, since these are all known qualities of the architecture.

Bit sad that my 3600cl16 e-die is 'old' and going to cost me performance. Maybe if I'm lucky I can get 4000cl18 to work? Yay, more benchmarks!

Entz

My hope is 4000 on rev-e as well. Clocking high is it’s specialty. 1:1 made it pointless before though

edit: I assumed you meant micron rev-e and not some Samsung bin. Samsung e is a bit of a wildcard I think.

Last edited:

Entz

Best bet is to download Thaiphoon Burner and see what you have then go from there

Entz

Hmmm., Apparently it can be incorrect so maybe only use it for part #s and use a decoder or something if want to be double sure.

Latest posts

Twitter