What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ryzen 5600x and 5900x

crazyea

Because the guy answering the phone checking the computer entry showing 0 stock when only backorders have been fulfilled is going to know the technical difference? Again in stock can mean "Shelf" products and not back-orders being fulfilled. You can respond with whatever you want but I'm not going to have my IQ dwindle away with yours reading or responding any further. There is no rational way I got 2 units in 2 weeks solely specific to my region out of "luck" its not how distribution works and this did not even involve contacting a secondary location. You can "assume" otherwise or be in denial and continue to promote an illusion. I could care less.

Even the PS5 is near retail on the second hand market at this point along with the 5900x in multiple areas. If you cant see those as indicators for supply vs demand I'm not sure what would do the trick here.
PS5's were almost at retail mid march, but no meaningful drops in almost a month sees them creeping up again.

Solace

Id agree with that however the 5900x has had numerous drops for backorders, merely using the other product as an additional example. I've yet to check what it was like recently.

anabioz

OK, I must say that some of the practices followed by the owners of the computer stores are shady. I know the owner of the Canada Computers in my area and in 2018-2019 when the first boom with Crypto hit, if you paid extra $200-300 dollars, you would show-up after hours to pick up the card. Now that's if you are the highest bidder. Back then RX580's were HOT. As things started to pick up, the prices went up. It was $500+ extra but he would guarantee you 3-5 cards. It is always better to come in store and see for yourself, talk to the owners face to face and you could get yourself a deal... Shady sh*t, but hey - if you want results, there is a cost associated with it.

crazyea

OK, I must say that some of the practices followed by the owners of the computer stores are shady. I know the owner of the Canada Computers in my area and in 2018-2019 when the first boom with Crypto hit, if you paid extra $200-300 dollars, you would show-up after hours to pick up the card. Now that's if you are the highest bidder. Back then RX580's were HOT. As things started to pick up, the prices went up. It was $500+ extra but he would guarantee you 3-5 cards. It is always better to come in store and see for yourself, talk to the owners face to face and you could get yourself a deal... Shady sh*t, but hey - if you want results, there is a cost associated with it.
Everyone's shady right now. The manufactures and the retailers are making the same money selling less cards at higher prices, and offloading all of the old crap onto people desperate for product, and thus have no real motivation to get more supply out there.

gingerbee

I love your quirky little attempt to insult me or anyone who can read.

"I'm sorry if people still believe there is a mass shortage or something specific to AMD cpu's"

"You can respond with whatever you want but I'm not going to have my IQ dwindle away with your reading or responding any further"

I don't even need to answer you it's a waste of time, you know everything that's clear to anyone reading this. besides that fact, I told you I went into the store many times to be told nope none here, not backorder, on the shelf since I don't have a damn clue how supply and demand work
cause I am just a little old peasant. You bought 2 CPUs which you still haven't said which AMD CPUs. I guess there 2 5900x, so there must be thousands of them everywhere omg wow and buy you own admission you have no clue if there in stock

don't worry if you haven't put me on ignore yet your happily going on mine first and only person you won a prize

I guess these prices are for the stupid people like me who won't walk into the store the day they had stock lol and this is the cheaper one

anabioz

gingerbee

Everyone's shady right now. The manufactures and the retailers are making the same money selling less cards at higher prices, and offloading all of the old crap onto people desperate for product, and thus have no real motivation to get more supply out there.
well, this is kinda crazy I have never heard that before but it doesn't surprise me anabioz.

Ya crazy I had hoped it would get this bad but I guess the whole rumour of the 1080ti coming back just shows us how bad it relly is

Last edited:

gingerbee

damn I mean nowadays thats a pretty good deal on 2060 and 3700x I mean 2060 are going to 800 on ebay.ca right now

anabioz is that the same as the 1080ti that there bring back which is all rumour so I kinda hope this is true at least people will be able to get some ok cards

crazyea

damn I mean nowadays thats a pretty good deal on 2060 and 3700x I mean 2060 are going to 800 on ebay.ca right now
You could spin it that way, but it's old gear being sold at a premium. And is exactly the point I was trying to make. There is no motivation for these companies to get newer product out to the customers because we are all begging to buy these kinds of bundles right now. They can clear their warehouses of all the old products and still hit their margins.