What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ryzen Build - FAIL

AllOrNothing

I just build my brother a new computers with the following components.

R7 Ryzen 1700 CPU
Asrock B350 Pro4 Motherboard
Corsair 16GB LPX 3200Mhz RAM
Zotac Amp! Extreme 980Ti
Samsung PM961 512GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB 2.5" Drive
Corsair TX650

Where do I start... I got Windows 10 installed and upon seeing the splash screen there were green dots/artifacts covering the entire screen, but still functional. I booted up Player Unknown Battlegrounds and played a match and it crashed. I received some sort of memory error. I don't recall exactly what it was. From then on, the computer crashes randomly when I start the game. I've also received a DX11 error when I try and start the game. I downloaded the latest drivers for the GPU and the artifacting on the splash screen went away and I was able to play the game for about an hour. It then crashed. I restarted, the system booted four times and when I returned to the splash screen, Nvidia Experience was showing that the new drivers were available again. When I redownloaded them the green dots remained. Now when I try to enter the BIOS my monitor goes into test mode and changes colors.

I can still get to the desktop. I ran DxDiag and it says there is a problem with the 980ti device. For more information search for graphics device driver error code 43.

Also, under system it shows the memory 16384mb, but under display it show 8158mb. Not sure if this means anything or not.

Now when I try to play Battlegrounds it says 'DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine."

I've never had this kind of problem with an Intel based system in my life. What am I doing wrong?

AllOrNothing

What ram speeds are you running? Do you have a spare gpu you can swap in to test?

I was originally running 2133, but turned XMP on so its running at 3200mhz now. I don't have another GPU on hand. I tried to run the DVI cable off the motherboard to the monitor without the GPU installed (Qnix 1440), but I don't get any display.

Dwayne

Just a thought. First, I don't think the Ryzen chips have integrated graphics. The MB supports A series chips that do though. So that is why you don't get any video out of the MB.

In the manual they have the top memory speed at 2666 support for the Ryzen, I would try that first, in the BIOS, instead of the XMP settings perhaps? Pg 22, make sure the RAM is Dual Rank and in A2 and B2?

Sounds like memory is the issue from your post though.

Last edited:

AllOrNothing

Just a thought. First, I don't think the Ryzen chips have integrated graphics. The MB supports A series chips that do though. So that is why you don't get any video out of the MB.

In the manual they have the top memory speed at 2666 support for the Ryzen, I would try that first, in the BIOS, instead of the XMP settings perhaps? Pg 22, make sure the RAM is Dual Rank and in A2 and B2?

Sounds like memory is the issue from your post though.

Well I would disable XMP, but I can no longer enter the BIOS. When I do the monitor goes into test mode and flashes all kinds of colours.

AllOrNothing

Clear CMOS, then you should be able to get in to the BIOS.

Alright. I cleared CMOS and now the computer does not restart 4 times in a row. When I reach the splash page there are still green dots and when I try to enter the BIOS the monitor still goes into test mode.

Dwayne

Pull one stick of RAM perhaps? If you get the same monitor reaction try the other stick. You are now working on process of elimination I'm afraid.

AllOrNothing

Pull one stick of RAM perhaps? If you get the same monitor reaction try the other stick. You are now working on process of elimination I'm afraid.

I just tried both stick in all four slots and another set of crucial ballistix sticks in all four slots and I'm still getting a full splash screen of green dots and a test monitor display when I try to enter bios.

Bond007

I just tried both stick in all four slots and another set of crucial ballistix sticks in all four slots and I'm still getting a full splash screen of green dots and a test monitor display when I try to enter bios.

Just to clarify you did try a single stick on its own? And you have it running 2133mhz?

If so I would suspect the gpu. The video connectors on the motherboard won't work with ryzen.

Latest posts