What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

S video isn't working on my Vid card how can I test it?

Shadowmeph

just got my card ( well a newer cardreplacement) back from an RMA but for some reason the card isn't seeing my tv which is plugged in to the s video out so I am thinking that the s video isn't working,but if I plug in my ati card it works but the nvid 285 card it doesn't seem to be working is there a way to test this?

Shadowmeph

Force TV detection enabled?
As a last resort you can put 2 75 ohm resisters on the s-video line, one between pins 4 and 2 and one between pins 1 and 3.
yes Force TV detection enabled
where can I find the 75 ohm resistors and how do I put them on?

Shadowmeph

hmm I wonder if a Scart adapter would work and where I can buy one

sswilson

Staff member
Do you get any kind of signal at all? (I'm wondering if there's a NTSC/PAL jumper on the card)

Supergrover

yes Force TV detection enabled
where can I find the 75 ohm resistors and how do I put them on?
Radio Shack should have them.

You can solder them into the line or you can attach them to the female plug, insert 1 end in pin2 and the other end in pin4. Do the same for pin1 and pin3 then plug the cable in. Then power up.

Shadowmeph

I don't get any signal . even if the PAL switch is on I would think that I would get something on my TV

Latest posts

Twitter