What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Same computer, different case, no longer starts

mknerd

I recently started to outgrow my setup. Everything was working fine, I just wanted more. I ordered all new parts, except the case. Took everything out of the current computer and put it in a pervious case, in hopes to use it as a media server. It no longer turns on. I tried testing with the bare minimum to no avail. Any thoughts? I tried starting it out of the case and it doesn't start that way either.

Setup:
Gigabyte GA790xta-uda motherboard
xpower585 power supply
AMD Phenon II Quad core 2.8 GHz

Silent_Avenger

I think enaberif means use a screw driver or paperclip to jump the 2 pins on the board to start it rather than the switch. Double check all your connections there's probably something loose. Do you get any beep codes from the motherboard or does anything power on at all?

bissa

my dad had a problem like this a while back. check to see if it's shorting out on the backplate.

rchong

If your standoffs are correctly placed, then:

Make sure you connect your switches correctly according to your motherboard:
example:
Notice how the bottom text has +PW- at the top row and look where the POWER SW is plugged in
HDD LED is connected to the corresponding text where it says +HD-

invisibleninja06

make sure header wires are on properly or use a pen

My thoughts exactly if you just changed case then simplest and most probably answer is front panel header related, i doubt switch would be bad (they seem to last forever....) but try reversing it so the + and - are reversed unless of course your certain they are in properly. If after checking the front panel headers you still have the issue then it may be time to look elsewhere.

Latest posts