What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Samsung 305T Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
We have posted our review of the Samsung 305T which turned out to be a great 30" monitor but is missing some essential (in my opinion) connectivity and compatibility options.

You can find our review here:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ng-syncmaster-305t-30-lcd-monitor-review.html

Please use this thread to post your questions, comments, rants and raves.

ENJOY!!

305T-26.jpg

G

Great Review, wish I had one!

I agree the lack of HDMI/HDCP on a monitor this size is dumb IMO. If I were to spend over 1K on a monitor it better have all the bells and whistles.
And adjustable height on the stand would have been nice, cant help but wonder if it was excluded due to the weight, IDK just a random guess, since I dont have much exp with anything greater than 22".

Spaceman-Spiff

Good review.

The monitor has pretty good viewing angles, as good as high-end Dell monitors. I wish Samsung would make it that good too for their 22" and 24" models.

Another Samsung monitor I'm curious about is the 22" Samsung T220. It has 2ms response time and 20,000:1 contrast ratio (though our eyes probably can't notice the difference)! And with that pricing you can get a 24" BenQ instead...

Jmac

Good review. I would've liked to have seen more objective testing, though.

For those looking for alternatives to the Samsung 305T, the HP LP3065 is definitely a standout in this price category. It offers the same real estate and resolution, but offers an arguably superior S-IPS panel, more inputs, and HDCP compliance, although expect to pay a little more.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Good review. I would've liked to have seen more objective testing, though.
I would have liked to have done more objective testing as well but without the proper equipment I am not willing to do objective testing until I can get it right. Even the few websites which have "screen tests" still rely on the fact that you are using your own two eyes (no matter how much vision varies from one person to another) and I am not willing to go down that road.

As for buying the proper equipment...maybe if / when we begin doing more of these monitor reviews but until then it is a somewhat pointless investment. :thumb:

Jmac

I would have liked to have done more objective testing as well but without the proper equipment I am not willing to do objective testing until I can get it right. Even the few websites which have "screen tests" still rely on the fact that you are using your own two eyes (no matter how much vision varies from one person to another) and I am not willing to go down that road.

As for buying the proper equipment...maybe if / when we begin doing more of these monitor reviews but until then it is a somewhat pointless investment. :thumb:
True enough. I kind of figured you didn't include objective results because of the lack of equipment (which is expensive).

Starkness

Hi,

What was the panel type in this monitor?

Also in the review you mentioned working with a 30" Dell in the past, what model was that? and how did it compare to this?

The major issue with these larger monitors when reading around seems to be input lag, how did you find the input lag to be? Did you consider testing it against a CRT?

Thanks