What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Samsung 990 Pro SSDs Report Rapid Health Degradation

Lysrin

Is that a true reflection of the health or is it possible something is getting read wrong?

Bond007

Between QC issues and Samsungs warranty status through 3rd parties I really feel the only Tier 1 manufacturer for sales in Canada is WD right now.
Agree. While there are absolutely other valid options, I have pretty much only been recommending SN850X for mid to high level builds lately for that reason. For budget builds its more all over the place.

FreeKnight

Samsung drives ending up with worse longevity than their washers, dryers and fridges :S

Their warranty issues have been well known in Canada for some time on SSDs. Personally I've stuck with WD or Sabrent, though I don't know if Sabrent is any better.

Though to be honest, I don't know that I'd buy a Samsung product outside of phones or TVs.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Between QC issues and Samsungs warranty status through 3rd parties I really feel the only Tier 1 manufacturer for sales in Canada is WD right now.

Crucial's P5 and Kingstons KC series are also good options too.

I tend to flip between the 3 of those in Canada. They also have really good support channels.

-ST

Latest posts