What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy Note Review Comment Thread

Coach

My dad who just turned 65 bought a Samsung Galaxy Note the other day. He would like the same thing only with a 7 inch screen. I know that may sound crazy but what is after is a phone with a screen he can easily read. For an older person such as himself the Galaxy Note is the only smart phone out there for my dad to consider and it is because of its size that he chose it. Personally I think the Note was an excellent choice.

matsta31

I still prefer my Galaxy Nexus, the note is to big for my taste, but I really interesting product. Kudos to Samsung.

3oh6

My dad who just turned 65 bought a Samsung Galaxy Note the other day. He would like the same thing only with a 7 inch screen. I know that may sound crazy but what is after is a phone with a screen he can easily read. For an older person such as himself the Galaxy Note is the only smart phone out there for my dad to consider and it is because of its size that he chose it. Personally I think the Note was an excellent choice.
That is a great point my early 30-something eyes didn't even consider. A device like the Galaxy Note is a great device for those that need a bigger screen to see. Glad he is happy with it as it really is a fantastic piece of hardware.

For those curious about carrying it around, I really didn't have any issues keeping it on my person for the time I had with it. It went everywhere with me, and for the most part, it was in the front pocket of my Dickies shorts. No, you can't carry it in a pocket with tighter fitting pants, but I did get comfortable putting it in a back pocket. I just got used to pulling it out every time I went to sit down.

Eluder

They are both SAMOLED screens and resolution is different yes but that is simply because the screen size is larger.
Doesn't matter, the increased resolution on the Note makes a huge difference over the S2 and it will be even bigger when ICS gets released for the Note.

enaberif

Doesn't matter, the increased resolution on the Note makes a huge difference over the S2 and it will be even bigger when ICS gets released for the Note.

*sigh* Since you want to argue about this. Go look up blotches and spotting on the SAMOLED screens in darkness.

I hope the note doesn't have the same issue as the G2X because it is annoying but you don't see it very often.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Picked up a Galaxy Note for myself today. Will unlock the sucker so that I can take it to Asia this summer.

Fits in my jeans pocket no problems and the screen is amazing.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Gotta tell you guys this thing is amazing. Having a tough time getting a screen protector I like that works well with the S-pen, but when I do I'll post in here.

Only thing is LTE reception is dodgy. I had it pretty good for a few days, and now it seems I have not had a LTE signal for a few days. Actually, tis happened shortly after I unlocked it (hardware unlock...not rooting, etc). I hope that has nothing to do with it.

That said, its an awesome device. Don't let the size of the screen scare you. I carry it around in my boot-cut jeans all day no problems.

Will have Ice Cream Sandwich in May some time. There will also be an upgraded suite of apps for the S-pen.

Here is a demo of the upgraded S-pen apps coming with ICS for the Note:
[GALAXY Note] Introducing Premium Suite with Ice Cream Sandwich - YouTube

Eluder

chrisk, which provider are you with, because my LTE Note (unlocked) on Rogers has never had an issue getting an LTE signal, even after I unlocked it with the code.

Latest posts