What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Samsung Releases An 8TB SSD

FreeKnight

Still not interested in a Samsung SSD until they get the hot mess of warranty issues for Canadians sorted out. My more recent SSDs haven't had issues, but I had a couple of OCZ Vertex 120gbs die back in the day, and I can't imagine having to put up with Samsung if the same situation happened.

I'll happily jump ship once it's addressed, but it doesn't appear that's happened yet.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Still not interested in a Samsung SSD until they get the hot mess of warranty issues for Canadians sorted out. My more recent SSDs haven't had issues, but I had a couple of OCZ Vertex 120gbs die back in the day, and I can't imagine having to put up with Samsung if the same situation happened.

I'll happily jump ship once it's addressed, but it doesn't appear that's happened yet.
I had a few of the OCZ Vertex 120GBs die on me as well. I kept them as demo units for teaching (took the covers off).

Doing my research on the Samsung stuff helped me decide on a corsair SSD. I have had great service from them over the years.

Lysrin

I exclusively use whatever is cheapest for the most GB!

Just kidding! 😝

Had been only Crucial for 2.5" variety drives. But I have been happy with my HP NVMe main drive SSD. No issues.