What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Samsung S7 Edge glass replacement

danmitch1

Hey guys, So a while back I was asking about this and decided not to screw around as I didnt want to mess up my Gfs phone anymore than it already was...

NOW, shes getting a new phone so I can mess around with no consequences!

My S7 edge oled and digitizer function normally, just the glass is shattered so a glass only repair is needed.

Ifixit rated this a 3/10 for repair-ability...
I watched several YouTube videos of guys who had great success, just took alot of patients and time (which I have).

So what I cant really figure out are the following:

- Do I need to remove the screen from the phone (requires taking off the back possibly breaking it and taking the entire phone apart)

- Can I really just use 99% rubbing alcohol, oils, goof off, nail polish remover etc to remove the old oca glue without dulling or damaging the digitizer and oled? Or do I need to buy the special hexane stuff?

- Does Loca glue really need A uv light to cure, or is it just faster? I read about leaving it in the sun works too but may over heat the phone.

I obviously could post on a phone repair forum but you guys are always super helpfull in all things tech which is the reson for posting here!

Thanks for your help!

danmitch1

Update, This is not something you want to do. I was successful removing the glass ( 99% rubbing alcohol is the best thing to use) but then there is a layer of plastic they call "the foil" that is impossible to remove and I scrapped the screen while doing it. Sooo long story short you are better off buying the LCD with the glass. I just picked up a screen with the mid frame off aliexpress for 200$.. Ill save 160 bucks or so compared to what Ubreak Ifix wanted.. Now its stuck in the mail because of the Post canada strikes with 3 other things Ive purchased lately!

IRQ Conflict

:thumb: My wife dropped my S7 Edge on the concrete walk. Cracked the glass on the bottom rear. I want to get it fixed as well. Hopefully it won't cost too much.

Latest posts

Twitter